Senior Project Manager
Function: Project Management
Reports to: Operations Director
Location: Flexible hybrid working with office location in Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Our ref: VAC21-15
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Project Manager, who wants to work within a business where there is plenty of opportunity for personal development and to really make a difference.
This Senior Project Manager will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of high-quality innovative software projects within time and budget parameters. Working across a portfolio of clients and technology environments.
As our Senior Project Manager you’ll:
- Be the primary point of contact for clients throughout the project lifecycle
- Build relationships with stakeholders; swiftly resolving issues raised externally and internally
- Plan software projects including defining the scope, allocating resources, defining timelines and indicating tests, in line with resource availability and customer expectations
- Work with the Directors and technical teams to ensure that projects are delivered effectively, and to high quality standards and contract specifications
- Track project progress against the project plan and be responsible for monitoring and managing project activity on our internal systems (Jira & Confluence)
- Monitor projects costs, cashflow and profit & loss
- Prepare and collate project related data for use in client and internal meetings and reports
- Chair and coordinate project meetings; both virtual and in person
As well as the above, this is an opportunity to really lead the project management function, so you’ll be;
- Evaluating current project management processes to identify areas for improvement, make recommendations and implement solutions
- Working with the wider management team to ensure business KPI’s are achieved by setting and driving continuous improvement initiatives
- Identifying upsell opportunities and recommending technical solutions to clients to develop new and additional revenue streams
To be successful, we’ll need you to;
- Have a positive, forward-thinking attitude with a ‘can do’ approach
- The ability to work on your own initiative, and also motivate and support a project team
- Have demonstrable experience delivering complex software projects in a B2B client facing role
- Have technical knowledge and experience gained from previously working as a developer and/or business analyst
- Be comfortable with in person and remote client meetings
- Have stakeholder management experience supported by strong communication and influencing skills
It would also be great, but not essential, if you had;
- A degree or equivalent qualification in computer science or a related field
- Experience in a consultancy or agency environment
- Experience using Jira and/or Confluence
- Experience working with agile methodology
As well as a competitive salary, we offer above statutory holidays, remote & hybrid working options, flexible hours, plus much more!
You will be joining the Business at an exciting time, as we launch into a period of significant growth and brand development. We have a reputation for delivering high quality, reliable solutions for our clients which exceed their expectations, and this is your opportunity to make a real impact as we scale these services up.
Please note we are not able to accept applications from visa/work permit holders or those who need sponsorship at the moment.
We will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this role at this time.