Software Project Manager
Pace IT provides bespoke development to a broad range of organisations and businesses, up to and including FTSE level. We are looking for a driven, enthusiastic Software Project Manager with 3+ year experience to grow our team in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
You'll be working within an innovative and passionate team and there'll lots of room for personal development. We work closely with our clients to provide the best possible solutions and you will be involved in the ongoing development of multiple projects and relationships with clients. You will be guided throughout your journey and you will be taught protocol and systems as well as key industry techniques and disciplines.
Working as part of a small and friendly team in an Agile environment you will be a crucial part of the development team ensuring that projects are completed to expectations. You will be responsible for managing the activities of the project teams to ensure that we deliver high quality, reliable software solutions which meet and exceed our client's expectations. You will also work on parallel projects and the management of systems development for our clients.
We provide a great bundle of perks to every employee, including gym discounts, high-street discounts, mobile phone insurance and more. We also provide a fantastic pension with a 3% employer contribution.
- Manage and lead the activities of a project team, supporting the successful delivery of high-quality projects (on-time, within budget and scope)
- Work with stakeholders to define business and technical requirements
- Help interpret requirements so project and delivery teams can provide work breakdowns in JIRA and reliable estimates and statement of works (SOW)
- Communicate technical details with the project team and serve as a liaison between the management and the project teams
- Carry out project plans, report on project status and update schedules
- Effectively manage timelines/project schedule and project milestones and ensure consistency in reporting on projects
- Seek up front allocation of resources from resources managers in your department and from those outside of your department
- Collaborate with other Project Managers, Co-Ordinators, Sponsors and resource managers to resolve any resource or priority conflicts
- Report ongoing issues or risks to the Senior Project Manager but have the capacity and confidence to effectively manage the resolution of keys issues
- Escalate ongoing issues or risks with project team and clients
- Help identify deficiencies in processes and procedures that impede the smooth delivery of projects
- Highly organised individual with demonstrable project management skills
- Knowledge MS Project, Jira (desirable), Powerpoint and Prince 2, Agile and Waterfall
- Ability and willingness to work independently and as part of a project team
- Willingness to travel to client sites when required
- Excellent customer service & client skills
- Ability to prioritise and work on multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to create and deliver summary status reports and presentations
- Good clear verbal and written communication skills
- Business Analysis background on requirements gathering / gap analysis and documentation would be desirable
No recruitment agencies please.