Software Development Intern
Summer 2022 – Paid 8-week placement
Here at Pace IT, we pride ourselves on having honed and developed one of the UK’s most skilled software developer teams, able to harness multiple software platforms and languages when developing innovative solutions for our established and emerging FTSE level clients. Whilst we realise that our reputation relies on the technical knowledge and experience of our team, we also know that software experts need to start somewhere.
The aim of the Pace IT Software Developer Internship is to provide students with the experience and understanding of what it means to work in software development, before they reach the end of their degree and start applying for permanent positions.
The programme offers interns a unique opportunity to apply cutting-edge tools and technologies and to interpret client business requirements resulting in the delivery of reliable and robust solutions able to meet and exceed our client’s expectations.
As a Software Development Intern at Pace IT, you'll get;
- The opportunity to try out developing systems using leading edge development technologies
- To be part of a supportive team where you'll be mentored by experienced developers
- To learn about how we work with clients to understand their business software and application needs
Some of the areas you may have the opportunity to learn about during the internship;
- Building advanced systems using React, Nativescript, CSS and Bootstrap
- Database design/SQL
- Object oriented coding
- MVC frameworks like Laravel web application
- GIT/Version control
- Docker and containerised deployment
- Server management
- Design, UI & UX
- Testing and QA
- eCommerce business skills
- Customer service skills
What you'll need;
- To be starting your final year of an IT related degree in Autumn 2022
- An interest in starting a career in software development