Web Development Manager
Location: Horbury, West Yorkshire
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager/Product Manager to join a fast-growing technology organisation in Wakefield, West Yorkshire!
You will take ownership of the technical team of around 7 people and we need an ambitious individual with a strong work ethic to drive the team forward in a professional services environment. It will be your responsibility to look ahead to make sure that the project pipeline is managed from quotation to delivery. You will also be responsible for constantly evaluating and implementing ways to improve the skill set of the group and the processes in place. This can be through the use of new tools or techniques, or on additional training on fundamental skills that the group already knows but doesn't execute consistently.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Pre-sales, Project Scoping and Quotations
- People Management - setting objectives and measuring performance against objectives
- Resource planning and prioritising the team’s workload
- Product Management
- Working with the Lead Technical Architect to develop product and team roadmaps
- Managing client projects to ensure they are delivered on time and to budget
- Liaising with clients to ensure they are fully up to date on project progress and managing the project change process
- Experience deploying systems with AWS and Azure would be a benefit
What experience would it be good to have?
We want to hear from those who are technically savvy, able to understand the technologies we use and how to get the best out of them; whilst also being able to get the best from our development team – previous experience of working within a software services organisation would be advantageous..
You’ll be resource managing the team’s capacity against live projects, pipeline projects and BAU so project management, the ability to resource plan and prioritise workload is essential alongside solid project management experience (we use Agile and Waterfall).
As an experienced member of the team; you’ll often be asked to “front” customer projects – so you’ll be expected to have strong customers facing experience and possess the skills and ability to communicate confidently via face to face meetings, conference/video calls and email.
What can we offer you in return?
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Great pension scheme
- Perk Scheme
- Pool, Video Games and Music Room
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, please send your C.V. and a cover letter stating how your experience relates our requirements today: [email protected]
NO AGENCIES PLEASE