What is key person cover?
Key person cover is a way to protect you and your business, in the event that an employee with a key role is to leave or have to take time away from their position. This could be one single person, or a team who have a responsibility that’s not shared elsewhere within your business. This role will be vital to your business operation, and key person cover is all about preparing a contingency plan in the event that a certain employee was to leave, retire or need to take a prolonged amount of time away from their day-to-day role. It could also be that a team is due to be disbanded or there are other changes internally. Here at Pace IT Systems we can extend our team to yours, ensuring that it’s business as usual in the event that a key role can no longer be carried out by those currently responsible to do so.
How do I identify a key person?
Only you can identify a key employee, but we’ve put together a few things to help you recognise who these people might be.
- A sole worker that has been in the business a long time, with no direct reports
- An employee or team that consistently develops new process and ways of working
- An individual or team who have built and shaped the way your business runs
- An employee that you rely on, who knows the in-s and outs of the business
At Pace It Systems our UK-based team are experts in software development and support services. We are able to allocate one of our team to join you and yours, working together to support you in achieving your business goals. Here’s a step-by-step guide of how our team will extend to yours.
Understanding the role
- Learning your business processes and understanding best practise
- Collating information and process documents
- Attend an initial meeting with all key stakeholders to explore the role and expectations
- Join team meetings, whether that be remotely or on-site
- Request a system demonstration of your software
- Building a solid working relationship with your key worker, where appropriate
Internal knowledge share
- Taking over from your key person, we will onboard at least two of our own team, to ensure that we are always available to fulfil the role
- Our team will attend monthly catch ups which is a great way to keep up to date with any changes
Our continued support
- Whether it’s a few hours a week, month or year, our team will ensure they work to meet deadlines and be flexible in their approach
Our remote-working team will be on hand whether you need us for a single project, to temporarily assist with an increase in demand or for a permanent fixture. We operate a business first approach, taking the time to get to know you and your business. Working remotely, they will commit to helping you achieve the best possible results and providing nothing but quality service. We are also available to attend on-site onboarding meetings and team meetings too. We have our own top of the range equipment and as a company we are Cyber Essentials certified, so you can be sure that your data is secure with us.
If you’d like to ensure the smooth running of your business in the event that one of your key workers was unable to fulfil their role, our team are here to help.