Keeping your openEdge databases robust & stable
Data, and how its accessed, is business-critical as poor performing systems can cause crippling delays. Pace IT’s innovative extension to Progress ProDBMirror, 'Online Dump & Load' enables effective OpenEdge database reorganisation aimed at increasing performance and reducing business disruption.
Why OpenEdge Online Dump and Load?
- Your systems can run faster: Over time, older Progress OpenEdge databases slow down as records are stored across the database
- Re-organised Progress OpenEdge Database: becomes smaller and more efficiently structured
- Size limited removed: for older configurations
- Take advantage of newer Progress OpenEdge database options: like Type #2 Storage Areas
- Flexibility: move to a new operating system
Andrew Brown, Managing Director, Pace IT
Optimised your Progress OpenEdge database yet?
- Downtime & delay: dumping and loading data can take days depending on the file size & server your application runs on
- Data fragmentation negatively affects performance: ignoring Dump & Load means you're left with an inefficient Progress OpenEdge database